Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Story

Future Mrs. Bailey:
I had just moved into a new apartment, with all new roommates, and was really nervous for a new semester at school. I hadn't been in school for nine months and was not looking forward to an infamous rexburg winter. When I first arrived, no one was home, got all moved in and still no one home, so I left and went to get some dinner; then headed home to a heck of a lot of unpacking. Since I had been gone one of my new roommates had gotten home, Chantelle, and had invited me to go to Sammy's with her. I figured hey why not, I had nothing better to do anyways. So she explained to me that her friend Spencer was coming to get us. Little did I know what happened next would change my life. Spencer came up knocked on the door and we left. We got to his car and there were people already in it. So I quietly scooted in the back seat, introduced myself said hi and remained relatively quiet for the whole trip there.  We got there and Chantelle took off to say hi to some other people, and since I had known Jon I sat next to him and Kade the kid from the car sat on my left. Well, Jon and I talked then kade started to talk to me and we argued about something today I cant really remember what then we talked some more. Then got back in the car went over to some random apartment in north gate, the whole time flirting and laughing. Then Spencer asked us to help his friend move and we did. By then he had put his arm around me in the car, and I thought for sure when they went to drop me off he would ask for my number, and he didn't so I got out walked up stairs shut my mind of and went to bed. Well, that first week I had seen him in the Cafeteria and ducked because I wasn't sure what had happened that night and wanted him to approach me. So the week went on and I went shopping and I saw him in the other lane and ducked. Again... don't ask why not really sure. Well, he got my number that night, and the rest is history:)

Mr. Bailey: starting a new chapter in your life is never easy, but this time I was very ready. After a year of waiting to go to collage after returning home from a mission, I was ready to leave home once more and move on with my life. Hint- I was also ready to find the lady of my dreams and get married.. So like most I was very excited to get out and meet new people. My first  invitation came on my second day in Rexburg from a childhood friend named Andrew Carter. He was going out with a friend of his named Spencer and we were going to picking up a friend of Spencer's to come with us to Sammys. Well it turned out that the friend of a friend had a friend and her name was Hayley Sheppard. Little did I know this encounter would forever change my life. It started when she sat next to me in the car, and announced that she was from California. From there the game of flirting began, it continued all night.  I found myself wondering, " is there really that much more than meets the eye with this girl?" By the end of the night, I 'd had hope that some how I would manage one of two things, A that I would get a ride home with her, or B get her number. But upon closing  the passenger door, and watching her climb the stairs to her apartment, I realized the C. I had done neither or A nor B and the feeling in my gut made me want to find her again. In the next week I saw her again, got her number, took her on our first date, and the rest is history.






First Date: Applebee's
First Hand Holding: first date
First kiss: Sledding

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to know where your first visit to our house was in this little timeline! You were holding hands then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha true story! about a week after!

    ReplyDelete